Monday 31 December 2012

Challenge Wrap-up for 2012

This year I did okay on most challenges, but only successfully completed 2.
Here is a summary:

The TBR Pile Book Challenge, I didn't finish, reading 1 in January, 1 in July, 2 in November, and 2 in December, reading only 6 of the 12. I did start one of the books The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, as bedside reading quite some time ago, but am still nowhere near finished it. I picked a whole different bunch of books for the TBR Pile Book Challenge for 2013.

The What's in a Name Challenge, I finished at the wire, taking my time trying to read a book to fit the last category. Here's my wrap-up post.

The European Reading Challenge, I did well on, already meeting the goal when I first heard about it in the spring. I ended up reading books from 14 European countries. Here is my wrap-up.

The Global Reading Challenge, I didn't finish, having trouble as usual with Africa and South America, and surprisingly North America. Here is my wrap-up on that challenge.

The Canadian Book Challenge runs from July to June, and I did great for the 2011-2012 challenge, reading 100 books. So far I am at 12 books for the 2012-2013 challenge.

The Chunkster Reading Challenge I tried for the highest level. The hardest part was, of course the 750+ page books. I read 5 books between 450 and 550 pages, 3 books between 550 and 750 pages, and only 1 book over 750 pages, when the goal was 3. So I only met the requirements of the Plump Primer level, not the Mor-bookly Obese level (8 books with 3 of them over 750) I was aiming for. Here`s my wrap-up post.

The War through the Generations Challenge was World War I for 2012, and I read 6 books, not the 11 I was aiming for. Here is my wrap-up post.

Finally, we have the 1001 Books to Read before you Die Challenge, where my goal was 6-10 books. I only read 3. Here's my wrap-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment