Friday, 11 September 2026

The Hangman

Finished September 2
The Hangman by Louise Penny

This novella is part of a literacy imprint, Good Reads, aimed at adult readers. It also fits into the Chief Inspector Gamache series as 6.5 in the series. 
Set in the village of Three Pines in Quebec, a jogger discovers a man's body hanging from a tree in the woods. Both the jogger and the dead man are guests at the village Inn and Spa, a large older home that has been recently remodelled. 
Many questions arise. Did the two men know each other before coming to Three Pines. Why did either of them come to stay at the Inn and Spa? If the dead man was murdered, why did he write a note? 
This is an interesting addition to the series that I hadn't been aware of until recently and I was glad to come across it. I read it in a single sitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment