Sunday 24 March 2019

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted

Finished March 2
The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted and Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg

This was a fun read. Stories that shows small acts of liberation by a variety of female characters. The title story is definitely a fun read, and there's another related one, where the same character doesn't eat anything that she really wants to.
There are stories of relationships, aging, loss, friendship, and many other moments that I could definitely relate to. The women here are generally middle-aged. Some are married, some are not. The stories had me laughing out loud at shared experiences, feeling umbrage on behalf of the behaviour of other characters towards these women, and generally enjoying it all.
I always enjoy Berg's books, and this one has a lot to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment