Sunday 15 June 2014

The Accidental Salad

Finished June 15
The Accidental Salad by Joe Decie

I picked up this graphic fiction book at the recent Comic Arts Festival in Toronto. The author was there and was kind enough to add a nice little drawing inside just for me.
I really liked this book, and would describe it as graphic short stories. Most are just one page or less and yet, they tell you so much. The stories come from Joe's life, touching on his friends, family, and activities. The title story tells how he ordered a salad by accident because it included two of his favourite foods in combination, and what he did afterwards. There is a humour at play here that is silly, light-hearted and a bit self-deprecating. I could imagine members of my family saying some of these things. This is a guy I could definitely be friends with.
Thoroughly enjoyable and I will be looking for more by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment