Friday 19 April 2024

My List for Classics Spin #37

Classics Club hosts a spin every once in a while challenging you to read a classic that is on your TBR list. 
I've done some in the past and decided to do this one. (#37)
Here's the link.

You list 20 books and then see what comes up in the spin and read the book for that number on your list. 

My list for the spin:
1.     Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
2.     Dracula by Bram Stoker
3.     A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
4.     Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
5.     East of Eden by John Steinbeck
6.     Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
7.     True Grit by Charles 
8.     Persuasion by Jane Austen
9.     Songs of Kabir by Kabir
10.    Roxana by Daniel Defoe
11.    The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe
12.    Roughing it in the Bush by Susanna Moodie
13.    Westward Ho! by Charles Kingsley
14.    Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
15.    The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
16.    The Light Princess by George MacDonald
17.    Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
18.    Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes by Robert Louis Stevenson
19.    Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
20.    Kim by Rudyard Kipling

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get True Grit. Even though I loved both versions of the film, I felt the book was so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like this is the popular choice. I may end up reading it whether it is the spin or not.

      Delete
  2. We have one title in common, and I have several of these on my master list. True Grit is probably the book that most surprised me (in a good way) of the books on your list that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach readers' advisory at the local university and one of my students read it for an assignment this year, which reminded me that I have it sitting on my shelf unread.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, I've read many of your books. Numbers 1 to 6, 8, 11, 14, 15 and 19. I hope you get Buddenbrooks, one of my favourite books ever.

    My list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the spin is #8, Persuasion by Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete