Friday 12 June 2020

Deadly Anniversaries

Finished June 5
Deadly Anniversaries presented by Mystery Writers of America, edited by Marcia Muller and Bill Pronzini

This collection celebrates 75 years of Mystery Writers of America. The authors who have written stories for this volume are Grand Masters, Edgar winner, or have served as MWA president. All of the stories have an anniversary of some sort as part of the plot.
This is a great collection of writers and stories, many of which I know and love, but some that I had never read before. I always like reading someone new to me.
There are historical and contemporary settings, most but not all in the United States. The authors are: Doug Allyn, Lee Child, Max Allan Collins, Jeffrey Deaver, Alison Gaylin, Meg Gardiner, Sue Grafton, Carolyn Hart, Naomi Hirahara, Wendy Hornsby, Laurie R. King, William Kent Krueger, Laura Lippman, Peter Lovesey, Margaret Maron, Marcia Muller, Bill Pronzini, Peter Robinson, S.J. Rozan, and Julie Smith.
I think the story by Naomi Hirahara is my favourite here.

No comments:

Post a Comment