What's In a Name Challenge (6th) for 2013Challenge Home Page
My Signup Page Between January 1 and December 31, 2013, read one book in each of the following categories (The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.):
- A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title: Deep down True, The Girl Below, The Diva Digs up the Dirt
Book Read: The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud
- A book with something you'd find in your kitchen in the title: Loose Lips Sink Ships, The Knife of Never Letting Go, Breadcrumbs
Book Read: A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gorokhova
- A book with a party or celebration in the title: A Feast for Crows, A Wedding in Haiti, Cocktail Hour under the Tree of Forgetfulness
Book Read: An Irish Country Wedding by Patrick Taylor
- A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title: Burning for Revenge, Fireworks over Toccoa, Catching Fire
Book Read: Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wien
- A book with an emotion in the title: Baltimore Blues, Say You're Sorry, Dreams of Joy
Book Read: Love Saves the Day by Gwen Cooper
- A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title: The Book of Lost Fragrances, The World We Found, A Discovery of Witches
Book Read: Letters from the Lost: a memoir of discovery by Helen Waldstein Wilkes
This challenge usually gets spread out over the year as I identify books that fit. Other rules they have are:
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.