Monday 2 June 2008

About Writing

Finished June 2
Off the Page: Writers Talk about Beginnings, Endings, and Everything in between edited by Carole Burns
This is a lovely collections of short comments about different aspects of writing, taken from interviews that Burns did on washingtonpost.com. Besides beginnings and endings, it covers characters, places, inspiration for writing, style, language, relation to reality and the differences between writing novels and short stories. Besides the actual writing, it also covers the life of writing, the relationship with readers, and with other writers.
I found especially interesting the bits from writers I've read, especially when they were talking about books I've read. It brought it all "behind the scenes" for me, and brought out the personalities of the writers. This is a very readable book and I quite enjoyed dipping in and out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment