Tuesday 18 March 2008

Orange Prize

The longlist for this just came out. (See http://books.guardian.co.uk/orange2008/story/0,,2266167,00.html and http://books.guardian.co.uk/orange2008/0,,2266162,00.html)
and I have only read one (although some were on my to read list already)! I think my list just grew considerably.

Here is the list:

Anita Amirrezvani The Blood of Flowers
Stella Duffy The Room of Lost Things
Jennifer Egan The Keep
Anne Enright The Gathering
Linda Grant The Clothes on Their Backs
Tessa Hadley The Master Bedroom
Nancy Huston Fault Lines
Gail Jones Sorry
Sadie Jones The Outcast
Lauren Liebenberg The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam
Charlotte Mendelson When We Were Bad
Deborah Moggach In The Dark [I read this one]
Anita Nair Mistress
Heather O'Neill Lullabies for Little Criminals
Elif Shafak The Bastard of Istanbul
Dalia Sofer The Septembers of Shiraz
Scarlett Thomas The End of Mr Y
Carol Topolski Monster Love
Rose Tremain The Road Home
Patricia Wood Lottery

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the list! I was quite excited to see who would make the long list. I've only read one book on the list so far, but there are a few I hope to read eventually. Probably not in time for the award, but that goes with the territory, doesn't it?

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete