Saturday, 31 December 2016
Wrap-Up Post for Books in Translation Challenge 2016
Books in Translation Challenge 2016
Here is the hosting page for this challenge. Here is my sign-up page.
This challenge ran for the 2016 calendar year.
There are four levels for this challenge. I went for the highest level, Linguist, which means I needed to read 10-12 books translated into English, and I only read nine. So I didn't complete this successfully (despite having many translated books on my shelves waiting to be read!) They did cover 5 languages though, which isn't bad.
1. The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-Mi Hwang. Translated from Korean. Finished March 13
2. Red Lights by Simenon. Translated from French. Finished April 16
3. The Black Notebook by Patrick Modiano. Translated from French. Finished September 8
4. A Climate of Fear by Fred Vargas. Translated from French. Finished October 10
5. Blitz by David Trueba. Translated from Spanish. Finished November 26
6. Schlump by Hans Herbert Grimm. Translated from German. Finished December 1
7. If Venice Dies by Salvatore Settis. Translated from Italian. Finished December 12
8. Zama by Antonio Di Benedetto. Translated from Spanish. Finished December 15
9. The Slow Waltz of Turtles by Katherine Pancol. Translated from French. Finished December 31