This is always a fun challenge to do, so I'm signing up for it again for 2017.
Here are the basics.
The challenge runs from January to December 2017.
You need to read books in the following categories, and the host gives examples for each category at the host page.
1. A number in numbers (examples: 84 Charing Cross Road; 12 Years a Slave; 31 Dream Street)
2. A building (examples: The Old Curiosity Shop; I Capture the Castle; House of Shadows; The Invisible Library; Jamaica Inn)
3. A title which has an X somewhere in it (examples: The Girl Next Door; The Running Vixen)
4. A compass direction (examples: North and South; Guardians of the West; The Shadow in the North; NW)
5. An item/items of cutlery (examples: The Subtle Knife; Our Spoons Came from Woolworths)
6. A title in which at least two words share the same first letter -- alliteration! (examples: The Great Gatsby; The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite; Gone Girl; The Cuckoo's Calling)
I'm looking towards my shelves now for possibilities.