Wednesday 31 December 2014

What's In a Name Challenge 2015

What's In a Name Challenge 2015
So, I am once again signing up for this challenge, and going through my books to see what I have that might fit. 

What's In A Name 2015 logo
The basics
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time I must choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books I could choose are in brackets):
  • A word including ‘ing’ in it (The Time Of Singing, Dancing To The Flute, Lex Trent Fighting With Fire) My examples are verbs but you can of course use other words.
  • A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
  • A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
  • A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
  • A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
  • An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)
The titles given here are only examples, I can use them if I want to but it’s not necessary. There are plenty of other books that will fit the categories and I have some ideas in mind looking at my shelves already.
Extra information about the challenge's rules
  • Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
  • It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
  • Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my example of Black Swan Rising for ‘an animal’ could be used for the ‘colour’ category or ‘animal’ category, but not both).
  • Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
  • You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
  • You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.

1 comment: