Wednesday 31 December 2014

Postal Challenge Wrap-up 2014

Postal Challenge 2014 Wrap-Up
I was so glad to see this challenge again, but sadly didn't follow up by doing the necessary reading.


What was the Challenge?


The key was to read and review books with a postal theme. These could be non-fiction on the subject of letter writing, collections of real letters, or epistolary fiction of any era. Be creative! 


The challenge ran from January 1st, 2014 to December 31st, 2014.  


Air Mail Express Level:   Read and review 12 books with a postal theme AND commit to sending more old fashioned letters this year. At least 12 pieces of mail (or more!), and you can share numbers or even images of your mail art in the quarterly roundups.
--
I'm going for the Air Mail Express level. I will be trying to do more letters this year, but didn't find that it worked for me in 2013 in terms of reporting on this. So, to help me do this, I bought Postcards from Penguin, a lovely boxed collection of 100 Penguin book cover as postcards. If you'd like one, let me know and I'll get your address from you. Let's see if I can get all 100 sent!

My signup post.

My books:

1. Letters from Skye by Jessica Brockmole. Finished March 31
2. The Stonehenge Letters by Harry Karlinsky. Finished July 2
3. Just Send Me Word by Orlando Figes. Finished October 11

Yes, that was all!
I did send quite a few of the postcards, but not even half. But definitely more than 12. So at least I made that part of the challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment