The Eclectic Reader Challenge - Not completed
This challenge tries to get you to read outside your normal genres. There are 12 categories and you have to do a book from each of them. I missed two of them, starting a science fiction book set in space, but not finishing it by year end.
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
The Wild Things by Dave Eggers. Finished March 31.
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
Götz and Meyer by David Albahari. Finished December 26
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
Make Me by Lee Child. Finished November 18
- A novel published before you were born
Dream Days by Kenneth Grahame. Finished April 30 (originally published 1898)
- Contemporary romance
Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley. Finished September 27
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. Finished July 1
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin. Finished May 12
- Science Fiction set in space Not Finished (read part of The January Dancer by Michael Flynn)
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
Carpentaria by Alexis Wright. Finished August 22
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
The Cry of the Sloth by Sam Savage. Finished June 29
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure
Going Bovine by Libba Bray. Finished February 22.