Sunday 25 May 2014

Gentle Spectrums Reading Challenge

Once I found the Color Coded Reading Challenge, it led me to another interesting one

Gentle Spectrums, which has two parts. 

 
(A)  LIMITLESS PALLET
Pencil Crayon Notepaper

Share any 10 books entitled with a colour.
You may repeat the colour spectrums;  even exact hues.
A different book title is a different book title!
Funky lipstick or paint shades might be a stretch.
Well-established hues are at your leisure:  maroon, jade, emerald…

 (B)  GENTLE SUBJECTS
Sparkling Tree & Daisies
Fit one book title into each category.
Here are abundant subjects to peruse together!

(1)  PLANTS
Trees, flowers, grass, gardening & crop-sowing references.
(2)  STRUCTURES
A building, rooms, a room or building’s parts.
(3)  NATIONS
Culture names, locations ~ lakes, towns, famous spots.
(4)  STONES
Synonyms, gems, ruins, geological formations.
(5)  FAMILIES
Types of relatives, last names, full names.
(6)  QUINTUPLED
A title of 5+ words (articles are fine).
(7)  CHEESY
Lame puns or quotations, outrageous, silly;  actual cheeses!
(8)  ENCHANTING
Mystical, eerie (enchanting content fulfills title;  no debunked ending).
(9)  WEATHER
Any words approximating weather or seasons.
(10)  CHEERFUL
Positive messages, conveys pleasant images!
I like being able to use a colour more than once (I have several with the word Blue in them) and I also really liked the second part, as it offers so many ideas. I'll work through what I've read so far to see what I've already read and then look through my TBR piles.



4 comments:

  1. This looks really fun! If I wasn't already doing too many challenges I'd jump in...maybe next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a sucker for these challenges, seeing what I've read that fits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies! I for one would be *thrilled* to return the favour of hostessing Melwyk. My trio ("Mystery" & "Ethereal" too) run Feb-Feb and count all reading since. Shonna: what an honour to have you as my first-time guest! Welcome and thank you for such an inviting post. :-) Awesome timing: three months in, I'm just getting started with prize activities. Yours Sincerely, Carolyn http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/riedelchallengesfaq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carolyn. Looking forward to playing with the different parts of your challenge.

    ReplyDelete