Tuesday 24 March 2009

The Wonder of Words

Not Finished!!
Alphabet Juice: The Energies, Gists, and Spirits of Letters, Words, and Combinatins Thereof: Their Roots, Bones, Innards, Piths, Pips, and Secret Parts, Tinctures, Tonics, and Essences: With Examples of Their Usage Foul and Savory by Roy Blount Jr.
Okay, the reason I didn't finish this book is because it is the kind of book that you dip in and out of, that you savour in small bites, that you want to write in the margins of. And so, of course, I have put the book on my wishlist (and if I haven't got it by my birthday, I shall treat myself!).
I should have known by the wonderful title that I would feel this way about the book, but when, by page seven, he was complaining about the combination very unique, he had me.
A treat for all of those who love words, this is an absolute treasure of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment