What: To read a book for each letter in the year. That's right, a title for the J in January and the A in January, etc.... 74 books total! Hosted here.
Official Start date: April 1, 2015.
End date: March 31, 2017, yes, two years, because well, we have other challenges to do ;)
- only one letter per book
- books can be moved around if it fits better somewhere else after you've read it
- the letter doesn't have to be the first word, just the first letter of a word in the title (a, an, and the do not count)
- reviews aren't necessary but a quick "I read for letter... it was about... I did/not like it" would be nice and can be left in the comments.
- if you decide to join in, create a post on your blog telling others then come back and link up (to the actual post, not just your blog's home page)
- a blog is not necessary, just comment on that month's post.
- the most important thing is to have fun!
Just a couple of suggestions. . .
read a book with the month's name in the title
Only use the first letter of the first word
I'm going to try it using the suggestion of the first letter of the first word, disregarding any "a" or "the". I'm also going to try to read the letters in order.
I'm wavering between two books for my first read. Either A Jury of Her Peers: American Women Writers from Anne Bradstreet to Annie Proulx by Elaine Showalter, which I am already reading for another challenge, or Joy Comes in the Morning by Jonathan Rosen which is in my TBR pile.
J A N U A R Y
F E B R U A R Y
M A RC H
A P R I L
M A Y
J U N E
J U L Y
A U G U S T
S E P T E M B E R
O C T O B E R
N O V E M B E R
D E C E M B E R