Sunday 15 May 2011

New Challange

I've discovered that a blogger I follow has issued a challenge that I can't resist. Her blog is Zen Leaf and her challenge begins June 1st and goes until June 1, 2012, Over those 52 weeks, the goal is to read a book a week (or adjust to your own level) and lose a pound a week (or other health goal). It is called the 52-52-52 Challenge. I accept the challenge to lose a pound a week. I need to lose more than that, but that is a good goal and a good motivator. I'm going to adjust the reading goal a bit to fit my needs. She says "I know many book bloggers naturally read well over 52 books every year. You can always choose to challenge yourself to read two books a week, or three, or whatever works for your level. Make the challenge work for you! There are also book bloggers out there who struggle to read a book a week, though, so hopefully this will make a good challenge for them!"
My situation is that I am always taking out library books and reading them before books I already own, since they have a due date. And yet I keep buying books and asking for books as a gift. And I read a lot. So my goal will be to read two books a week that I own. Hopefully that will knock my TBR (to be read) pile down a bit.
Thanks Amanda at Zen Leaf!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful way to customize the goal! Thanks for joining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would find the reading part considerably easier than the losing weight part!

    ReplyDelete