Monday 3 January 2011

Two Generals

Finished January 3
Two Generals by Scott Chantler
This graphic novel focuses on the experiences of the author's grandfather in WWII. His grandfather, Law, was an officer in the Highland Light Infantry of Canada. He joined along with his best friend Jack and was part of the large force landing in Normandy in July 1944.
The book is a work of art, with a lovely binding. The story is done mostly in army green or red, which really makes an impact and fits with the experience told.
Moving, drawn beautifully, and told with emotion, this is a book to treasure. It is the details here, both text and picture that really make it come alive.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great review. I finally got finished with my # book and thought I'd see what everyone else is reading. This sound fascinating, I'm drawn to WWII stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene. Canadian History magazine (what used to be The Beaver) gave it a good review too.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete