Tuesday 15 March 2011

This High Wild Country

Finished March 13
This High, Wild Country: a celebration of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park by Paul Schullery and Marsha Karle
I had to grab this book when I saw it. Growing up in Alberta (mostly), and in a family that camped and hiked, we spent a lot of times in the parks. My high school years were spent in southern Alberta, and we went to Waterton often. I've been less often to Glacier, but loved what I did see of it.
I've hiked Red Rock Canyon many times, and still have the bear bells I'd attach to my runners when hiking the switchback trail from Waterton town site.
This book brought back the memories, with Schullery's text and Karle's wonderful artwork, the parks came alive again. This is a gem of a book about a very special set of parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment