Friday 1 January 2021

Wrap-Up for Backlist Reading Challenge

Backlist Reading Challenge was hosted here

I have far more books than I really should, but I just can't help myself. I usually do a TBR challenge every year, but my usual host stopped doing it, and I saw this one, so decided to try this.
It's a bit different in that you read books published before 2019 that have been on your TBR list for a long time, but you don't have to own them. I mostly chose books that I already owned but haven't read (list here), but liked the ability to choose from the ones I've want to read for a while, but don't own (list here). Both of these lists are from my Goodreads page and that shows the date I added them to my list, so I didn't choose anything I added to the list after 2018.
I also liked that I didn't HAVE to pick them in advance, but could go with the flow of what I felt like reading.
There weren't any designated levels, but I was happy to get these 19 books crossed off my list

1. The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin. Finished January 26. Added to my TBR list in November 2012
2. The Coldwater Warm Hearts Club by Lexi Eddings. Finished February 10. Added to by TBR list in January 2018
3. March by Geraldine Brooks. Finished February 17. Added to my TBR list in November 2012
4. A Princess of Roumania by Paul Park. Finished March 2. Added to my TBR list in September 2017.
5. A Finer End by Deborah Crombie. Finished March 31. Added to my TBR list in August 2017.
6. The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer. Finished May 15. Added to my TBR in August 2017
7. Without a Guide edited by Katherine Govier. Finished June 29. Added to my TBR in December 2017
8. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. Finished July 10. Added to my TBR in October 2017
9. The Reluctant Tuscan by Phil Doran. Finished July 12. Added to my TBR in March 2018
10. Closed Casket by Sophie Hannah. Finished July 20. Added to my TBR in October 2017
11. The Swinging Bridge by Ramabai Espinet. Finished August 23. Added to my TBR in August 2017
12. A Circle of Wives by Alice LaPlante. Finished September 7. Added to my TBR pile in August 2018
13. Cathedrals of Flesh by Alexia Brue. Finished September 22. Added to my TBR list in 2004, purchased sometime before 2010.
14. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Finished September 28. Added to my TBR list in November 2012.
15. Rough Riders by Mark Lee Gardner. Finished October 27. Added to my TBR list in February 2018
16. Invisible Murder by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis. Finished November 8. Added to my TBR list in 2012. 
17. District and Circle by Seamus Heaney. Finished November 12. Added to my TBR list in 2006
18. Fire and Ice by Jonathan Mingle. Finished December 14. Added to my TBR list in December 2017.
19. & Sons by David Gilbert. Finished December 31. Added to my TBR list in July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment